I do not have what most people would consider a 'real job'. But I go to bed every Sunday night dreading what's to come, and wishing that Mondays would just curl and up and fucking die.
Today is one of those days. There is no 'Hump Day' at Casa Glamourcide, but 'Slump Day' lurks menacingly over the end of the weekend striking fear into the hearts of those who would prefer Sundays (or even Saturdays, seeing as all the shops are closed on Sundays here) to stretch on forever, and it's almost a guarantee that the Boss, the Rugrats, and I all wake up thoroughly miserable.
I had to be roused from my slumber no less than four times this Monday morning, as stated in my previous post. My sunglasses have disappeared into the black hole that claimed my car keys some months back. My jeans are beyond filthy and therefore I had to bare-leg it in shorts, and it's overcast and chilly today. Munchkin was not impressed at being woken and not being permitted to watch cartoons as I needed to get her dressed for daycare. Squirt would have preferred to stay at daycare instead of coming shopping, so she had a yelling fit and bit my shoulder hard enough to draw blood.
Waaaahhhh. I do not like you, Monday, and I blame all of this morning's blahness on you.
However, it is not yet lunchtime, and things are slightly improving. I found the Boss's keycard in my wallet, and purchased a new lingerie washbag. Sunglasses were on sale at Just Jeans and I found a pair that is nearly identical to the ones I had stuck on my head just yesterday, but cannot find anywhere. And I just found out that a friend of mine is pregnant so I'm very excited for her and her partner and this new little baby's siblings.
In conclusion... Mondays are not always all bad.
This Monday isn't, anyway. I won't hold my breath for next week, though.
Hmph.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment